Thursday, January 6, 2011

Don't go away!! Thursday, Jan 6, 2011

Hello!  My friend Karen visited me yesterday!  She used to live up here in Humboldt County and she recently moved down to Santa Rosa.  She came out and met me at Bodega Bay during my walk and camped with me.  She also drove me around town so that I could take care of some things that I needed to tend to.  Thank you Karen!!!

Thank you for tuning in again.  The numbers of you tuning in has dwindled a bit, and I understand.  I have not posted much lately----and The Walk is finished.  Or is it?!?  Things may get interesting................

We are called to have faith.  We are also called to seek wisdom.  We need to trust that God is good, but we also need to get up in the morning and go to work.  "Pray to God, but row the boat to shore."  "Pray as if everything depends on God, but act as if everything depends on you."  Ever heard either of those?

Have you ever heard the story of the old dog and the panther?  One day an old dog was way out in the middle of nowhere- out in the open.  He caught sight of movement and looked way out yonder (yep, out yonder) and saw something running his way.  A minute later he recognized the sight!  It was a big ol' panther and it was heading right at him, and fast.  It didn't take the old dog too long to realize that he was probably next on the panther's menu!  That ol' dog ran around in circles, not knowing what to do, but knowing that he had to do something fast.  All of a sudden he noticed some old bones laying there.  He stooped over and started chewing on the bones.  Just before that panther was about to pounce on him, that ol' dog blurted out loud, "Boy, that sure was a good panther!"  That panther slammed on his brakes, turned around and slinked off, thinking to himself, "Man, that was close!  I almost got eaten!"  Well, a ground squirrel just happened to be around to witness this whole thing and he thought to himself, "You know, I can use all this to my advantage", and with that he chased down the panther.  He told that panther about how he had just been had!  
The panther said, "Hop on my back and we'll go settle this once and for all with that ol' dog."  Now that ol' dog hears something and looks up, only to see that darn panther comin' back- and this time with a squirrel on his back to boot!  He knows this can't be good, and he runs around in a circle again, thinking real hard.  Now just as that panther is about to jump him again, that ol' dog looks the other way and says out loud, "Now where is that squirrel?  I sent him off about an hour ago to bring me another panther!!!"

The moral of the story?  You know, there are a few in there, isn't there?  But the main simple one is this- Ya gotta be smart!

Jesus said, "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves.  Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."  (Matthew 10:16)

May you all have a shrewd and innocent new year!!!!


God bless you and yours,
Craig

1 comment:

  1. A very great lesson. Thank you Craig. It is fun growing and learning with you.

    ReplyDelete