Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve 2010!!!!! Friday, Dec. 31, 2010

Hello everyone!!!

I want to thank you for continuing to tune in to my blog!  I will keep it going.......  Right now I am still recovering from being sick!  I got sick as soon as I got home and it is the stuff that I usually do battle with- bronchitis.  It takes a lot of energy to fight and I'm still just laying around resting and drinking lots of fluids. 

I think about my journey.  I've visited a number of people since I've been home- not a lot though, as I am not feeling that good right now.  I am finding something similar to what happened as I walked along the coast.  As I walked along I encountered what I call a "range of people".  What I mean is this- they ranged from those who didn't want to make eye contact with me, all the way to those who saw me while driving and pulled over to get out to ask me what I was doing.  I didn't approach people, the ones I talked to came to me.  Now as I return home, I see the same thing.  There are people who know that I just got back from what I just did, and they don't ask me a thing about it!  There are those few who do ask, and I am grateful for them.  I am sharing this because I find it interesting.  I had a great time on my trip meeting all those touring cyclists and asking them all about themselves and their travels.  In doing so, I felt like I had actually experienced it along with them.  I liked it.  It added tremendously to my experience.  One of the greatest things about my journey was meeting the people I did.  I feel that God sent the people across my path that were meant for me to meet.  All I can say is that I feel a profound sense of gratitude for this.  What an awesome blessing to make new friends every day!  Remember how I wrote about my continual experience of finding the importance of listening more that speaking?  Many of the people I met had things to teach me and I found that I learn better with my ears than with my mouth!  Thank you everyone................

Anyways, I will not be quiet forever!!!!!!!!  I will use my mouth!  Sorry.......  ;-)

I have been thinking about what I learned along the way.  I passed some of those things along to you in this blog, but not all of them.  Heck, I probably don't even really know what all I did learn!  There were those "repeating themes" though.  Those things that showed up over and over.  I will write about them soon- how about next year?  Someone told me that I am a procrastinator...  I figure I'll worry about that later....................!!!!

May you have a Happy New Year! 

Love,
God bless,
Craig

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you plan to continue the blog. I enjoy tuning in, as long as you paragraph!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete