Monday, March 21, 2011

Almost time!! Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello there!

Well, the hour approaches.  Crunch time.  Pack time continues........  It's real now- or at least very soon.  I lay in bed this morning and prayed, "Is this the right thing to do?"  I don't know about you, but my faith and my own self-assuredness are not perfect.  I got up, and was writing a letter to a friend.  Something from The Walk came back to me then.  It's written in one of my earlier blogs, but I had forgotten about it- until He reminded me about it just a few moments ago.  Remember when I had met the family on the north coast- on the day that a little voice earlier in the day had said, "I'd like to meet up with a family and be taken in by them and eat with them and talk with them."  Remember that?  That's when I met my friend Erik.  Well, the next morning I was talking to his girlfriend's father, Steve, and we had a great talk.  He said something that struck me deeply, and that is what came back to me this morning.  He was telling me about a faithful and obedient dog that he used to have, and that that dog would do whatever he wanted him to do.  Steve said that when he pointed in the direction that he wanted that dog to go, that that dog "would go wherever I sent him, because he knew that where I was sending him was his reward".  Thank you Steve!  Thank you God for those words and that promise- they are for all of us who listen........

God bless,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment