Friday, March 25, 2011

MOVING! Either today or tomorrow! Friday, March 25, 2011

Hello everyone,

Dan DeVaul has been here since Tuesday night.  He drove up here with his girlfriend, Ellie, and brought two trailers to take back- one for him and one for me.  I have been packing and getting ready for weeks to move down to San Luis Obispo to help Dan with Sunny Acres.  It is a big move for me.  I've never moved this far and this "big" on my own.  Add to that the challenge facing me and Sunny Acres, and I fully realize the meaning of the words that a friend spoke to me several weeks ago, "Wait until He asks you to do something that you can't."  I've been thinking about one of the recurring themes in the Old Testament, where God Himself is the one who fights the battles for His people.  Remember the story of Gideon in Judges 7?  Gideon starts with 32,000 men and God reduces that number down to 300 men before they actually go into battle.  And they won the battle, as they always did when they placed their trust in God.   The recurring theme is that God wants His people to understand that it is He who is fighting for them, and delivering them, and that it is not they themselves who succeed through their own efforts.  I've been reminded of this for a reason..................

Please pray for Dan, and Sunny Acres, and for me please.  Good-bye Ferndale.  I will be back sometime- for a reason, a season, or a lifetime- we will see...........

I will be off down the road either today or tomorrow.

God bless,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment