Wednesday, September 22, 2010

End of day one. September 22, 2010

Well, day one is over!  I'm sore!  I'm 49!  I encountered several obstacles today- the first was a large Holstein bull loose in the middle of the country lane I was walking on!  I opted to detour out in the pasture and go around him- why take the bull by horns in the first hour, huh?!?  The next hurdle was Fernbridge- very narrow if you are familiar with it- and even if you aren't!  I leaned out over the rail to make room for each car that came by- nice view of the river!

I made it about 7 miles and am now at my friend Sharon's house for the first night.  Wouldn't that be nice if she could come get me every night?  Today my thoughts weren't that lofty- they mostly centered around "What can I take out of this pack?"  It weighs 54 pounds and I'm going to try to get that down!  I'll need to break myself in gradually to this walking business.  I got to share with several guys today- the story about the Coders and their kids.  That's what it's all about.  Today I thought about being out there like I am- and I thought about the Honduran kids when some of them were out on the streets in San Pedro Sula.  I am a bit concerned for my own welfare, but my situation cannot compare to theirs by any stretch of the imagination.  Just think about when some of them were living on the streets- it breaks my heart because now I can start to identify with them.  They must have been very scared, and I know that the scars from those experiences still remain in them.  That is something that these children all have- emotional scars and physical scars- they are all beautiful, but these scars and memories are still there.  It will take a lot of love, trust, and prayer to heal these kids.

So day one is over.  One gentleman I talked today said, "How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time!!"  I may just be able to do this walk if I stay in the moment and take it one day at a time.  Just like life, huh?  Anyways, I'm tired and sore and I'm going to have to toughen up.  Thank you for tuning in.

Remember to remember God in your life.  All you fathers who are reading this, and you moms too- remember that pure kind of love you have experienced with your own kids?  Remember that?  That's the kind of love that Papa has for each of us.  Think about it...........

Good night,
God Bless,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment