Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hello and good-bye from San Francisco!!!!! Sat. Oct. 30, 2010

Hey everybody!!

Well, it's time to say good-bye to San Francisco.  I've had a great time here.  I have tried to contact the media here, as that is what seemed like a good idea to do, since there are so many people around.  I haven't had any luck yet, but maybe it will happen later down the road.  It's in God's hands- He works things out better than I can anyway. 

I have played a waiting game with the weather here.  It has rained, threatened to rain, and everything in between.  I find it hard to set out deliberately into the rain when I am in a warm, dry, cheap place- know what I mean?  But anyways, it is time to move on.  I am getting the itch to walk. 

I have spent all my time here in a youth hostel.  I highly recommend it if you don't mind communal living.  There are people here from all over the world.  My roommates last night were from England, Scotland, and Germany!  The English guy was a riot!  I couldn't catch everything he said, but I laughed anyways!  They say we Americans talk slow- evidently we hear slow too!  The room (a bed or bunk-bed) costs about $20 to $30 per night with showers and a free breakfast.  Lunches and dinners are available for about $5 to $7.50- so all-in-all it is hard to beat!  An international atmosphere with lots of energy and for cheap!  My style!!

I am going to try to get up early tomorrow for my longest day yet- about 25 miles.  I am going to try to make it to the Montara Lighthouse hostel for tomorrow night.  It is down on the coast on highway 1, so I'll be back on the road again! 

Thank you again for tuning in yet again,
thank you for listening,
God bless,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment